In extreme weather conditions, our policy is to do our best to keep our clients, team members, and property as safe as possible while continuing to transport people if possible.
Our goal is to always get you where you need to be, but from previous experiences, we highly suggest you postpone or reschedule your travels during these emergency situations.
Should you decide to continue to travel, we ask that you please take a minute to understand our limitations and business practices during these situations when mobility issues are totally out of our control.
In these situations, the following may occur as decided solely by Driven Miles management globally, or on a case-by-case basis.
- We may choose to cancel your transportation all together and will give you as much notice as possible of this decision and provide a full refund.
- We may operate in degraded mode, suspending our punctuality, vehicle standards, and dress code requirements.
- We may choose to suspend our point to point pricing and revert to an HOURLY pricing model – this will result in a trip being charged hourly, with time measured from base to base including any traffic, shutdown, or waiting time..
- We may request that you make your way to a known safe area for pick up rather than go to a specific address.
- We may suspend the transportation at the nearest known safe area to your requested drop off address.
In these situations, we will always attempt to contact you via phone, email or text to provide you with the option of cancelling your transportation.
Please be advised that in these situations, your cost can be SIGNIFICANTLY different than your original pricing (similar to a taxi waiting in traffic).
Again, our goal is to get you where you need to be, while obeying the law and working within the logistical limitations that are imposed on us during these events.